You can use a profile for another printer only if all of the following conditions are met at the same time:
- You are using the same substrate that was used when creating the profile.
- You are using the same print mode that was used when creating the profile.
- Your printer is part of the same device group as the one for which the profile was created.
Printers of the same device group always use the same calibration set. Thus, you can find a list of compatible models in the preferences of the relevant calibration set if required:
- From the main menu, choose Database.
- Open the tab Proofing Conditions.
- Under Calibration Sets, mark the calibration set of the printer for which the profile was originally created.
- On the right, in the detail view under Calibration Set > Print Settings, you can now see a list of all models that are part of the same device group.
If you do not see the detailed view, you can show it by clicking on the arrow in the upper right corner.
Listing of all printer models of the same device group in the calibration set preferences.