If you receive this error message when starting the program, there is a corrupt file in your GMG folder and must be replaced.
- Make sure that GMG ColorProof is completely closed. So click on the GMG ColorProof icon in your Windows taskbar and select Shutdown.
- Start your file manager.
- Enter %appdata% into your file manager's address bar and confirm by clicking Enter.
- From the displayed directory, delete the folder GMG GmbH & Co. KG.
- Navigate to the parent directory AppData (now without "%").
- Open the folder Local there.
- Delete the subfolder GMG_GmbH_&Co._KG (now with "_").
- Click the Start button on the left of your Windows taskbar and enter ColorProof.exe.config. The file location will be displayed.
- Click on the displayed folder name to open it in your file manager.
- Select the file ColorProof.exe.config and rename it to OLD_ColorProof.exe.config by right-click > Rename .
- In the same folder, select the file ColorProof.exe.backup.config and rename it to ColorProof.exe.config by Right-Click > Rename.
GMG ColorProof should now start without any problems.