A red x in the job status indicates that the predefined tolerances were exceeded when evaluating the control strip. Common causes for this are an invalid calibration status or blocked printer nozzles. Please check your printer calibration status and print a nozzle test.
What can I do if the issue persists despite a valid calibration status and a successful nozzle test?
In this case, the error indicates that the profile was visually modified and now contains wrong target values. Please update the target values for the profile, then delete the old target values from the proof report, and create a new GMG ProofControl standard.
How to change the target values for a profile with GMG ProfileEditor:
- Launch GMG ProfileEditor.
- From the program menu, choose File > Open....
A file dialog opens.
- Choose the appropriate MX4 profile and click Open.
A settings dialog opens.
- Choose the 4d Color Space tab.
Here you can see an overview of the current target values and actual values.
- From the program menu, choose Tools > Reset Target Values.
The target values are deleted, the actual values remain unchanged.
- From the program menu, choose Measure > Estimate Target Values from CMYK.
A pop-up opens.
- Select the check boxes for Use Dot Gain and Use Printer Linearization.
- Confirm by clicking OK.
A pop-up with a progress bar opens and the profile is calculated.
After the calculation has been completed, the window closes automatically and the new target values are displayed in the overview.
- From the program menu, choose File > Save to save the changes.
How to update the target values and the GMG ProofControl standard:
- From the main menu, choose Database.
- In the tab Proofing Conditions, right-click on the relevant proof standard and choose Properties….
- Open the menu item Proof Verification.
- In the toolbar, click the button Delete to delete all existing target values.
The list under Target Values should now be empty.
- In the toolbar, click Generate From Proof Standard and select a source.
A new window opens.
- Under Measurement Parameters, you can adjust the values for Filter and Measurement Standard.
- In the toolbar, click Save to confirm.
The window closes.
- The GMG ProofControl standard is then created with the new target values.
- In the toolbar, click Save & Close.
Please sign in to leave a comment.