This message is shown if GMG ColorProof cannot find your measuring device. There can be various reasons for this, either due to the hardware itself or incorrect settings within the application.
Check the following:
- Is your device correctly connected and powered on? Please check the connection and rule out possible loose contacts as well. Replace defective cables if necessary. If the device itself is defective, it must be repaired or replaced.
- Is your device selected as default measuring in GMG ColorProof? Please make sure that the relevant check box under System > Default Measuring Devices... is activated.
- Is your measuring device supported by the selected calibration set? Please choose a calibration set that can be used with your measuring device.
How can I tell if a calibration set supports my measuring device?
- From the main menu, choose Database.
- Open the tab Proofing Conditions.
- Under Calibration Sets, mark the relevant calibration set.
- On the right, in the detail view under Calibration Set > Measuring Devices, you can now see a list of all measuring devices that can be used with the selected calibration set.
If you do not see the detailed view, you can show it by clicking on the arrow in the upper right corner.
Listing of all supported measuring devices in the calibration set properties.