If the client cannot connect, this is often due to missing licenses, an inactive service controller, or incorrect network settings.
- Is your dongle connected? The dongle always has to be connected while running GMG ColorServer.
- Do you have a valid license for the installed GMG ColorServer version? Without a valid license, no connection can be established. You can find further information on licenses in the section Licenses.
- Is the taskbar icon for the GMG ColorServer Service Monitor green? If not, your services are inactive. Right-click on the monitor icon and select Start to activate the services.
- Is the taskbar icon still orange or red? Please close the GMG ColorServer Monitor with Right-click > Shutdown completely and restart it.
- Are all ports entered correctly in the GMG ColorServer Configurator under Server Configuration and Worker Configuration? If not, please correct the setting.
By default, the name localhost is entered under Web Service Address, the port 8111 under Web Service Port, and the port 5555 under Queue Port.
These settings may individually differ from your network configuration. If in doubt, please contact your network administrator to ask for the correct network settings.
Is your system protected by a firewall? If so, please make sure that the firewall allows connections to the ports mentioned above. If necessary, set up a special rule.
This advice is also valid when using a MAC client.