How to upgrade ColorProof >5.6
This is an outline on how to update ColorProof. If you are uncomfortable or have any questions whatsoever, please contact support.
- Determine if you need a new license by reviewing the License section here:
- If yes, e-mail email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org with your dongle number and request a new license.
- Note: It typically takes less than 1 working day to get a new license. However due to holidays and time zone differences this can take up to 3 days so please plan accordingly.
- Once received, copy the license file onto the GMG PC
- Create an environment backup of your existing configuration (version 5.7 or newer)
- If the environment backup fails, do not continue the installation. Please contact support.
OS and Hardware
- Check Supported OS and Hardware Requirements here:
- Download software and any patches from here:
- Make sure there’s plenty of hard drive space for the installation
- Make sure all Important Windows updates are done
- Fully close ColorProof, including the tray icon in the task bar
- Extract/unzip the installer/setup
- Double-Click the .exe for the software, follow prompts until complete
- Extract/unzip the patch (if available)
- Double-Click the .exe for the patch, follow prompts until complete
- Start ColorProof after the installation wizard is closed
- If the splash screen is there a long time, click it. You need to install your license.
- Click update on the license error window and navigate to the license file. Please note that the license file must be copied first to the local PC and not on a network
- Since you installed a new software version, you will be prompted to create an environment backup. Please follow the prompts and do this.
ColorProof is Now Updated
Once installed and running be sure to hit the F1 key for the user guide. All the red asterisks indicate new features.
Please sign in to leave a comment.