GMG ColorProof provides you with control strips for all widely used print standards.
You have furthermore the possibility to create custom control strips. This feature is commonly used to add your logo graphic to the bottom of each proof.
This article will focus on adding a control strip for use as a company logo.
You first need a suitable image. The image must be in the format 8-bit CMYK TIFF.
1) At the very top of the ColorProof window, click on Database > Control Strips > New.
2) Give the control strip a name, e.g. My Logo.
3) Under Import Control Strip, navigate to your image file and click open.
4) Leave the measuring device and control strip type as default - for this purpose these parts are irrelevant.
5) Under the ProofControl Control Strip XML File section, navigate to any XML file under C:\Users\Public\GMG\ColorProof\ProofControlAddOnData\Wedges.
6) Click OK. Your graphic is now added to the database.
Once the control strip is added to the database, your workflows can be updated. Under the Workflows tab on the left side in ColorProof, open the properties of each workflow in turn. Navigate to the 'Image Label / Control Strips' tab, and then to the 'Control Strips' tab.
You can update your existing control strip by changing the Control Strip Type. If you are not replacing an existing control strip, you can add a new one by ticking the checkbox. Each workflow can use a maximum of two control strips.
If you are looking to replace the gmg logo in the proof you can use this logo as a template for the dimensions.
The path for the logo in ColorProof is: C:\Users\Public\GMG\ColorProof\Images\GMGLogo.jpg
This is what we use in a standard installation. Then you can move your file into this folder and name it GMGLogo.jpg and it will be used where the GMG logo was.