GMG ColorServer Conventional automates the optimization of PDF and image data for conventional printing processes. It helps you achieve the highest color quality for CMYK process colors and spot colors.
- Automated data normalization to one output intent.
- Automated color space conversion.
- RGB-to-CMYK, CMYK-to-RGB separation.
- CMYK-to-CMYK, RGB-to-RGB conversion or reseparation.
- Highest quality conversion of spot colors to the target color space (CMYK) based on spectral measurements and the patented prediction engine of GMG OpenColor.
- Automated ink saving with GMG InkOptimizer.
The features bundled in this solution are not included in the standard GMG ColorServer version, but require purchase of GMG ColorServer Conventional.
The color management in GMG ColorServer allows you to perform an automated normalizing of different input color spaces (as defined by the embedded ICC profile of a PDF object) to the same output color space. Additionally, you can apply a color space conversion/reseparation (RGB-to-RGB or CMYK-to-CMYK) and optimize CMYK separations for the target printing process with a GMG InkOptimizer profile. All steps are optional and can be combined with each other.
The intelligent color management algorithms in GMG ColorServer make sure PDF objects are processed only with matching color profiles: If you are using an RGB-to-CMYK separation profile in a conversion, the profile will be applied only to RGB data. (If, however, you defined a normalization with a CMYK Output ICC Profile, you cannot select an RGB-to-CMYK separation profile for the conversion, because the RGB data will already be normalized to CMYK.)