What is the Paper Adaption tool?
The paper adaption tool gives you the help to print according to a print standard while printing the consisten color needed for a visual match. The conversion keeps all the colors as close to the selected colorspace but changes the white point.
So you can calculate a profile for GRACol 2006 to GRACol 2006 that has a conversion of the media white point between the theoretical numbers vs the real printers paper.
To use this tool, you would need to follow these steps:
- Launch the Paper Adaption Tool from the Windows Start Menu
- Select your color space ie. Gracol2006
- Optionally define a max Total Area Coverage amount
- Use an eye one to measure the white point of the media you have. Or define it using values
- Evaluate the difference and click next.
- Select a location for the profile to be saved to and name your profile
- Select Calculate and let it do that.
- You are ready to go and use that profile now with the paper adaption done!