It is possible to adjust the paper tint of an MX4 profile to any CMYK value of your choice.
- Open the profile in ProfileEditor.
- Navigate to Tools then Color Value Correction.
- Make the changes in the first column ‘White’ to C, M, Y and K. For example, you may wish to add or subtract 2% magenta. In this case type +2 or -2 in the cell on row M, column White.
- The change is now complete. Save the profile and give it a different name if desired.
If using ProofControl Inline, you will need to reset the target values to generate new XML data.
- Go to Tools then Reset Target Values.
- Go to Measure then Estimate Target Values from CMYK.
- If the gamut is missing from the MX4, a warning will appear. Go to the Common tab and check in the bottom right-hand corner. Separation should be set to 'Inkjet' or 'Multicolor Inkjet', and the gamut path should be linked to the gamut file used by the calibration.
- During the calculation, tick 'Use Dot Gain' but leave the other checkbox unticked.
- Save the profile (give a different name if desired).
- In ColorProof:
- Go to the Database tab then Proof Standards.
- Open the properties of the relevant Proof Standard, or create a new one.
- Under Colour Management, link to the newly adjusted MX4 file (if changed).
- Under Proof Verification, click the Bin button (if applicable) and then the Green Tick (from Contone MX4) button.
The adjusted proof standard is now ready for verification.
Please sign in to leave a comment.