By following the steps below, you can remove GMG ColorProof and all its components. This also includes configuration files such as proof standards, workflow definitions, calibrations, and profiles. If you would like to install and use GMG ColorProof later again, we recommend you to create an environment backup before uninstalling.
How to remove all GMG ColorProof components from your system:
- Close all GMG applications after these instructions: https://customercare.gmgcolor.com/hc/en-us/articles/17182891159195-How-to-close-all-GMG-applications-
- Open the list of installed programs: Windows symbol in the task bar "Start" > Settings > Apps > Apps & features
- Select the installed GMG ColorProof application and click the button Uninstall
- If listed: select the entry cpPckg and click the button Uninstall.
- Open the directory C:\Program Files\GMG:
Delete the folder GMG ColorProof05
- Open the directory C:\Users\Public\GMG:
Delete the folder ColorProof
- Enter %appdata% in your windows explorer and confirm by clicking Enter. Delete here the folder GMG GmbH & Co. KG.
- Navigate to the parent directory AppData.
Open the folder Local there.
Delete the subfolder GMG_GmbH_&Co._KG
If you do also use other GMG solutions on your computer, the removal of GMG ColorProof is successfully finished at this point.
If you do not use any other GMG solutions on your computer, there is one additional step:
- Open the directory c:\Program Files(x86): If available, delete the folder AppService.